Eagle has landed

Not everyone would boast of their basic ability to ride a motorcycle. For duck's sake, almost every other person on the streets of Mumbai can probably shift gears better than me. But I am unwilling to let the simplicity of my accomplishment take away any of its sheen.
Yep, I'm STILL gushing about being able to ride... kinda.
Despite my daydreams of taking out the bike every other day, riding through empty streets at dawn and visiting areas of the city I had yet to discover, I have only just made it to work on the bike.
That isn't much of an accomplishment given that my office is two flyovers away from home. No big risks, no crushing traffic and no moon surfaces to bounce through.

But now, I have decided to stop talking about covering 15kms at 60kms per hour. I mean... seriously.. after a point it gets rather embarrassing.
So instead I will tell you about one of the best and most anticipated events this month. The arrival of Jared D'Silva.
Yup, the best bud is in town. We've had approximately 6 drunken nights out, 3 intense conversations about life and 1 close call with a fight.
All that drama aside, we're set to go on our first road trip of the year. It's going to be a short one, but if all goes well, we should be covering some amazing historic spots across part of the Konkan coast.
Taking us away from Mumbai is Jared's Royal Enfield Electra. This baby has been around for some of our rides but this is the first time I'm getting to go this distance. 
More about our trip in the next post.

Comments